Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Skyway Inn


I thought this might have been the name of an actual motel we stayed at when I was small (Gatlinburg, 1972 was the likely setting in my mind), but I can find no evidence to support this. It's possible that this is floating in the sky, Jetsons-style, but I may have just neglected to draw other hills and mountains to ground it in its setting. The apparent face formed by the balconies and window at the right may or may not be intentional. Frankly, I can't make head or tail of this, but here it is anyway.

1 comment:

Sparkle Plenty said...

So, when I saw this I thought, "Cool! It's a motel treehouse in kind of a freaky redwood twisty castle tree with a helicopter hovering above."

That's just my vote, 'though, and it's probably because I've always wanted to STAY in a motel treehouse in a freaky redwood twisty castle tree...