Friday, June 8, 2007

Battle of the Dinosaurs!

Here we have a rather oddly composed fight scene between a tyrannosaurus and a pterodactyl. If you were a child at any point in the last 30 years and had any interest in dinosaurs (and who doesn't?), the odds are pretty good that you drew these exact dinosaurs (Use "Search Inside" and you can find the actual pages referenced). Yep, it's all thanks to good old Lee J. Ames --the noble king to whose throne the vile Christopher Hart pretends (I'm really interested to see how Jay Stephens' new instructional books turn out). I actually only had the dinosaur book and the comic character one, but I made a lot of use of them both. As you can see, though, I had some trouble figuring out how to take two different pieces and make them work together.

1 comment:

FoldedSoup said...

Holy Crap, Man! Yep, I owned that book. And used it.

Not too surprising, me being a dino kid and the book's opening paragraph coincidently reads, (and I still remember this) "David can really draw dinosaurs!"

Thanks for the memory flash.

(And - are they fighting over the eggs? 'Cause they're big enough for everyone!)

Oh, and Hiya!