Saturday, March 3, 2007

R.I.P. PROFESSOR X

My interpretation of events from X-MEN #91 (cover date 12/74, so I would have read it in August or September, and probably drew this at that time). This was actually a reprint of #43, from 1968, but I don't think I realized it at the time. Having read their first appearance in SON OF ORIGINS OF MARVEL COMICS, I started reading X-MEN with #89, read it to this point, and don't seem to have read the next couple of reprint ones or even realized that the book was still extant until 1980ish, when I learned that Professor X hadn't been dead for very long at all, and that it had all been resolved before my first birthday.
This may have been the only time in my life that I ever drew the Angel, even if I didn't really finish him. If I ever have a tombstone, I want it to have a crude bust of me mounted on top like this one.

No comments: