Friday, May 11, 2007

Bruto


Say...you remember this from last week? Well, it turns out that at least one of the scenes depicted in it was part of an actual story. I don't think there are any more pages to this...but I didn't remember this one, either, so who knows? I advise clicking to enlarge this (which is an option anytime with these, if I haven't made that clear in the past). "El Barko" has become "Bruto", but he's obviously still Snoopy.If you still can't make out the dialogue, it's as follows:

Panel One

BRUTO: I feel mean

Panel Two

BRUTO: ROWR

UNSEEN VICTIM: OUCH

Panel Four

BRUTO: I'm getting out

I haven't really staged this well---there's no sense of place,Bruto's crime occurs off-panel, and the mechanics of his recapture are entirely glossed over. Additionally, most alarm systems produce more than a single "DING". Still, it's a complete narrative. I'm pitching it to a New York publishing house as a graphic novel as soon as I figure out how I can tie it into some sort of obvious talk-show-friendly topical issue. Maybe Barko has cancer, or the unseen victim is a refugee from a war-torn country, or the broken leash is gay, or the pound is a ham-fisted metaphor for something. I'll figure it all out as soon as the contracts are signed.

No comments: